Jacques Steyn has appeared as a soloist, a musician, in cabaret, in bands (ranging from folk and rock to blues and jazz), orchestras, choirs, and as a cast member in theatrical productions. This year, Jacques released an Afrikaans album called Sluit dit oop in the adult contemporary genre.
He sings and performs keyboards, guitar, and light percussion in his current live shows, which are accompanied by his own arrangements of pre-recorded orchestration. He has a large repertoire of over 300 songs for various sorts of performances. English, French, Italian, Spanish, and Afrikaans songs are performed. International popular covers range from soft, jazzy to rock and blues. Here are just a few examples: Santana, Steppenwolf, The Doors, Sting, The Beatles, Bee Gees, Nat King Cole, Randy Crawford, Righteous Brothers, Charles Aznavour, and a slew of others have all performed.
Some previous standout performances include:
• Own compositions and performances aired on SABC2 in the Music from Within series.
• The Houtstok Rock Festival in 1990. On the Houtstok CD, his band (2B2) has two tracks. On the Houtstok Tour, he and his band performed alongside Anton Goosen and Piet Botha's bands.
• Member of the cast of the musical Mame, which lasted for 6 months and over 200 performances in Johannesburg's Civic Theatre.
• Member of the choir for Wagner's The Flying Dutchman at Pretoria's State Theatre.
• Support artist in State Theatre - Musiek en Liriek productions on a regular basis
• Cabarets performed at numerous national arts festivals and other theatres in Grahamstown.
• Several self-produced concerts in a variety of genres.