INTERNATIONALLY REVERED, FUNNY & INCOMPATIBLE.
2016 Naledi Award Best supporting actor- Actor Fleur du Cap 2013 best new South African script – Writer 2015 Naledi Awards best new South African Script Writer Best Actor 2013 Zabalaza Festival – Actor Best Community Theatre Production 2009- Performer Phillip Dikotla is a versatile stand-up comedian with a charmingly playful funnier-than-thou comedy streak. With more than ten years in the comedy business, and a unique highly decorated multi-award-winning background in theatre and performance.
Adept and skillful at using his simple, ordinary, everyday-man-like domino to elicit roaring laughter. The funnyman knows just how to prick funny holes on any subject, without breaking a sweat in a truthful yet jarringly funny way, no matter the occasion.
A familiar face on television, as seen in commercials and advertisements for brands such as Suzuki Swift, DSTV Mzansi Magic – Stivovo, BP Express, Toyota, and many others. …wa di Jokes is also a champion for creative arts entrepreneurship and training within the cultural sector.
• Host of the prestigious and popular Johannesburg International Comedy Festival (JICF) 2019 Gala Opening: This is SatAfrica, – alongside legendary comedian Kagiso Lediga
• The only comedian to have ever performed on the Sofar Sounds Music platform
• The first SA Stand-up comedian to launch a YouTube stand-up comedy series.
• Mzansi Comedy Wednesday Season 2 – Stand-up• MTN Shotz’s Comedy Mpolaye – Actor & Creative
• As seen on Micro Blast TV (Video on-demand platform)• Ambassador for the SA Comedy Awards
• Olive Schreiner Award 2014 for Drama – Writer
• Fleur du Cap Award best performance in a one man show 2013-Actor
• Standard Ovation Award – Writer & Performer
• 2012 Arts and Culture Trust Impact Award for theatre – Creative
• Zabalaza Festival Best production 2013 – Performer
• Cape Town Fringe Fresh Festival Award 2017 – Performer
• Naledi Award Best Community theatre Production 2010 – Actor
• MC & Host