Bronwyn Williams is a Futurist, Economist and Business Trends Analyst. Bronwyn has over a decade’s experience in strategic management, trend research and foresight; consulting to clients in the public and private sector across the African continent.
Her educational credentials include tertiary qualifications in Marketing Management (University of Johannesburg), Economics (University of London), Foresight (University of Manchester), and Future Studies (University of Stellenbosch) and Masters in Applied Economics from the University of Bath.
Today, as a partner at Flux Trends, Bronwyn’s research focuses on how macro socio-economic trends and emerging technologies will impact businesses, industries, and nations in the near and long term future. Part economist, part strategist, Bronwyn’s particular areas of expertise include fintech trends, alternative economic models, and sustainable future design.
Bronwyn’s clients include Top 40 JSE listed companies, The South African Reserve Bank, African government departments, and global business leaders. She also guest lectures for leading business schools, such as Duke, GIBS, UCT, and the University of Johannesburg.
Bronwyn is also the co-author of The Future Starts Now, published by Bloomsbury UK, and a well- known media commentator on future trends and economic trajectories for network channels including CNBC. Africa and ENCA News. She is also a member of the Association of Professional Futurists.
Below is a list of presentations that Bronwyn has given before:
● Skin in the Game – Surviving The Great Staggering (Back to the Office)
● The Future of Governance
● Barbarians at the Gate
● Sex, Drugs and AI Eurovision: How trends on the fringe of the taboo are reshaping the. mainstream
● The Future of Activism
● From Postalgia to Purpose – How to Motivate Your Team and Turn Trends into Purposeful Strategic Direction in a World in Flux
● Making a Plan
● The Post-School Economy :The Future of Education
● Changing the Nature of Risks and Rewards
● Life after COVID-19
● Virtual & Unreal Estate: The future of finding and creating value
● Grand challenges and How to solve them
● The Fragmented Future of Finance
● Transhumanism: How to train your cyborg to join your workforce (and visa versa)
● Second Wave of Disruption – Middle Management – Junior Employee Tier
● Now Hiring, But Differently – The Game of Change: New industries and the new skills required to drive these industries.
“It was really an eye-opener for me to see just how far beyond the world is and what we are… you think you are up to date and then you see something like this and you realise just how far ahead everything else is and I suppose even if you are staying ahead of the pack, there’s a pack ahead of the pack, I thought it was really fascinating, I thoroughly enjoyed it.”
~ Ashleigh Tuffney, Discovery Insurance
“She was great. Kept the audience completely on their toes and was on point through her entire presentation. We received amazing feedback from our exec team – so really great talk.” ~ Norcros Executive
“Thanks for presenting so brilliantly today. I got such positive feedback… They really enjoyed your delivery of the content and the knowledge at your fingertips. We were really energized as some of the things you touched on had been considered in our strat plans.”
~ Mr Price Marketing Services Leader